Western Australia - More Gorges, Coral Coast, Back to Civilisation, and Wineries
Time feels like it's flown as all of a sudden it's been almost three weeks since our last blog post. Well, we've continued to do a lot of driving and sightseeing so we have many photos to share with you again. We got 7 comments on our last blog post -thanks!!! We love reading them.
We haven't beaten our record of 8 fingers yet. We got so used to giving the finger/waving while driving on the highway that we had to stop ourselves from doing the same when we would reach the cities and towns.
Karijini National Park (N.P.)
Where to start...well, we got a little "gorged out." After we left Broome, we visited Karijini National Park, which was a "must see" according to fellow travellers. The gorges were beautiful but after seeing so many in the previous weeks, we started to take their beauty for granted. Anyway, you can compare the photos below to our previous photos of the gorges.
Zoom in on the last photo to see me (Melissa) doing the spider crawl through one of the gorges. It took three attempts for me to get across but I made it!
Ningaloo Reef
We got away from gorges for a little while and headed for the Coral Coast. Our first stop was the Ningaloo Reef. It was amazing. While the Great Barrier Reef is definitely something to be seen, we didn't realise that there was this fantastic reef right on the doorstep of the west coast. We literally walked a few metres out into the water from the beach and could snorkel among beautiful tropical fish and coral.
Shark Bay
We continued along the Coral Coast to Shark Bay. Unfortunately we didn't see any sharks but we saw lots of dolphins at Monkey Mia. We also drove through Francois Peron N.P., which had soft sandy roads and lots of red dirt. It was definitely the biggest test for our car so I'm happy to report that it passed the test. We almost got stuck in the sand a few times but we made it through although I had to have a drink to calm my nerves later that night.
Dolphins at Monkey Mia
Shell Beach - am I a good photographer or what?
Francois Peron N.P. - the red dirt looked awesome among the blue water
Pretty wildflowers along our drive
Kalbarri N.P. and Pinnacles Desert
Have you ever seen pink water?
Pinnacles Desert
Perth
We headed back to civilisation for a while within the larger city of Perth. We did some sightseeing but also got to visit our rental properties there. We even stayed in one of them, which ended our 57-day tent run although we still slept on stretchers.

Margaret River
Margaret River is one of the wine regions in Australia. We were able to stay in a lovely B&B thanks to Mum and Aunty Lisa so finally we stayed in a bed. We had a fun day of wine tasting.

Pemberton
Today we drove within the Karri Forests and saw some kangaroos boxing, which was pretty cool. Klas also climbed a 68-metre tree. I just made it up to the 25-metre platform. I think he has earned the title "Klas the Climber."

Now we're finishing the southwestern part of the country before we head east.
Pemberton
Today we drove within the Karri Forests and saw some kangaroos boxing, which was pretty cool. Klas also climbed a 68-metre tree. I just made it up to the 25-metre platform. I think he has earned the title "Klas the Climber."
Now we're finishing the southwestern part of the country before we head east.

6 Comments:
Gorgeous!! I love the picture of the two of you in the rock formation! You both look so happy and relaxed!! Lots of love....Amy
You didn't need to ask me to zoom :) I bet mum will get freaked out by the spider crawl. (Mum, did you think the dolphins were sharks? I did too) You are quite the photographer, Melissa. I'll need to take some lessons from you. And congrats to Klas the Climber!
Love Kylie
Ooops, didn't mean to add bandelle there. It has become such a habit with blogging.
Wow, amazing pictures guys, you've covered so much ground!
Look forward to having you back though =)
Love Rafe
Hello there,
So think that you have convinced me to take 12 weeks vacation so that I can see all the beautiful places you have visited these past few weeks. kram Karin
To the two "professional nomads"...
What is next on your agenda?? I have loved following your adventures on this blog. Your pictures and narratives are vicarious fun for all the rest of us!! good job!!
much love..jerelen
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home