Do Re Mi...
This is the debut for me (Klas) writing on the blog. My usual contribution to the blog is posing for the photos, which at times I do not feel like doing.
After leaving Bolzano, we have visited Salzburg, Austria and Ljubljana (the capital of Slovenia). The only reason we went to Salzburg was so Melissa would be able to take The Sound of Music tour. Since I did not want to go on this silly tour, I joined a similar tour that did not include any singing. However, since my tour guide was as interesting as a piece of wood and Melissa had a great time, maybe I should have joined the other tour.
Even though I did not enjoy my tour guide's commentary, I am glad we visited Salzburg since it is a beautiful city with nice lakes and mountains nearby. We have seen a lot of churches but the cathedral here is our favourite one to date. We also visited the home where Mozart was born as well as the home where he spent most of his childhood.
Eastern Europe was not on our first draft of countries to visit, but so far we are glad that we revised our itinerary. We have really enjoyed Ljubljana and could definitely have used another day or two for day trips to other parts of Slovenia. Being in Ljubljana does not feel any different than any other capital that we have visited so far. If you ever go to Ljubljana and are starving, go to Restaurant Pod Lipo and order Plate Lipa unless you are a vegetarian (see photos below).
Well, I took at least twice the time it would have taken Melissa to write this, so I hope you have enjoyed reading it. I expect plenty of comments if I am to write again.

The gardens and fountain outside Maribel Palace, Salzburg, featured in The Sound of Music

"I am sixteen, going on seventeen..." - the gazebo in The Sound of Music used for this song

Salzkammergut - the lake area outside Salzburg

Tour bus

View from the top of Ljubljana Castle

Before Plate Lipa - six meals in one. 2 portions each of wiennerschnitzel, rump steak, turkey cutlet, fries, potatoes and vegetables.

After Plate Lipa

Three Bridges, Ljubljana

Dragon Bridge, Ljubljana
After leaving Bolzano, we have visited Salzburg, Austria and Ljubljana (the capital of Slovenia). The only reason we went to Salzburg was so Melissa would be able to take The Sound of Music tour. Since I did not want to go on this silly tour, I joined a similar tour that did not include any singing. However, since my tour guide was as interesting as a piece of wood and Melissa had a great time, maybe I should have joined the other tour.
Even though I did not enjoy my tour guide's commentary, I am glad we visited Salzburg since it is a beautiful city with nice lakes and mountains nearby. We have seen a lot of churches but the cathedral here is our favourite one to date. We also visited the home where Mozart was born as well as the home where he spent most of his childhood.
Eastern Europe was not on our first draft of countries to visit, but so far we are glad that we revised our itinerary. We have really enjoyed Ljubljana and could definitely have used another day or two for day trips to other parts of Slovenia. Being in Ljubljana does not feel any different than any other capital that we have visited so far. If you ever go to Ljubljana and are starving, go to Restaurant Pod Lipo and order Plate Lipa unless you are a vegetarian (see photos below).
Well, I took at least twice the time it would have taken Melissa to write this, so I hope you have enjoyed reading it. I expect plenty of comments if I am to write again.

The gardens and fountain outside Maribel Palace, Salzburg, featured in The Sound of Music

"I am sixteen, going on seventeen..." - the gazebo in The Sound of Music used for this song

Salzkammergut - the lake area outside Salzburg

Tour bus

View from the top of Ljubljana Castle

Before Plate Lipa - six meals in one. 2 portions each of wiennerschnitzel, rump steak, turkey cutlet, fries, potatoes and vegetables.

After Plate Lipa

Three Bridges, Ljubljana

Dragon Bridge, Ljubljana

5 Comments:
You guys did a great job eating all that! What did you have to pay for the meal?
/Macke
Bro, you are hilarious! You need to keep writing once in awhile at least bc you really made me laugh with all your little funny comments...and the pics of you before eating and after...well the pictures says it all!!! I can't wait for the next posting :)
/ K
Klas, you didn't seriously eat all of that by yourself, did you? That's incredible. I absolutely loved reading your post so you have to keep doing it. Your comment about the tour guide being as interesting as a piece of wood made me laugh. Keep it up!
Melissa, did you sing in the bus? Would have loved to be there for that.
Love Kylie
I'd better leave comments since I've made Melissa redundant.
Your tour guide must have personality like a wet tissue Klas.
Keep writing!
Love Aunty
Klas could always eat more than anyone on the team.
Mo... keep yor eye on him, he'll be fat one day.
Coach.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home