Sightseeing Begins in Washington, DC, April 8-12

Photo: In front of The Capitol
We drove about 7.5 hours from North Carolina to Washington, DC, where we checked into a bed and breakfast called Intown Uptown Inn, run by Sandy. If you go to Washington, we highly recommend that you stay there.
This was the real beginning of our sightseeing, visiting new cities on our own. Through our sightseeing in Washington, we've already learned some things about how we like to travel and what we like to see, such as limiting the number of museums that we visit in one day, visiting museums in the morning when we're not worn out, and making sure we have lots of snacks because we can't time everything perfectly and Klas has picky eating habits :-).
We took advantage of the free museums and tours -- lots of history lessons. Our favorite sites/tours were The Capitol, Library of Congress, Supreme Court, FDR Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, and Arlington Cemetery.
Click here for more photos of our sightseeing in Washington, DC.

1 Comments:
I love your blog!! I bookmarked it and feel like I'm traveling with you....with the exception of what I have to assume is SORE BUTT from being in the car so much!
Miss you already.
Colleen
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home